Celebrity Forbes List
Just in case you woke up this morning with a burning curiousity as to how much your favorite and not so favorite celebrities make, never fear. Forbes has released a couple of lists on some celebs and their net worth and I, ever at your service, am here to give you this information and quell that burning fire you woke up with.
Wealthiest Hip Hop Artists
1. Sean “Diddy” Combs — $580 million
2. Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter — $475 million
3. Andre “Dr. Dre” Young — $350 million
4. Bryan “Birdman” Williams — $150 million
5. Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson — $125 million
Highest Grossing Onscreen Couples
1. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson 1.17 billion gross at domestic box office
2. Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum: $125 million
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler: $103 million
4. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth: $95 million
5. Julianne Moore and Steve Carell: $84 million
6. Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum: $80 million
7. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher: $71 million
8. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: $63 million
9. Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling: $60 million
10. Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson: $59 million
2012 Top Grossing Actors
1. Robert Downey, Jr. total box office for the year: $1.5 billion
2. Kristen Stewart, $1.2 billion
3. Christian Bale, $1 billion
4. Daniel Craig, $951 million
5. Robert Pattinson, $793 million
6. Taylor Lautner, $779 million
7. Andrew Garfield, $752 million
8. Jennifer Lawrence, $748 million
9. Will Smith, $624 million
10. Mark Wahlberg, $598 million
Highest earning female musicians
1. Britney Spears: $58 million
2. Taylor Swift: $57 million
3. Rihanna: $53 million
4. Lady Gaga: $52 million
5. Katy Perry: $45 million
6. Beyoncé: $40 million
7. Adele: $35 million
8. Sade: $33 million
9. Madonna: $30 million
10. Shakira: $20 million
Most Overpaid Actors
(this was based on how much they were paid vs their box office return)
Eddie Murphy tops Forbes list of most overpaid actors
Image Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images
I bet Eddie Murphy would like to trade places with another actor right about now.
The Saturday Night Live alum tops Forbes‘ list of the year’s most overpaid actors again, followed by newcomer Katherine Heigl and Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon and Sandra Bullock (say it isn’t so!). Murphy’s earning power has steadily declined since his string of ’80s hits, including Trading Places and Beverly Hills Cop. His voice work in Shrek and Mulan and family-friendly roles in Norbit and Dr. Dolittle left him in good standing, but his recent films, Imagine That, A Thousand Words, Meet Dave, and Tower Heist, flopped at the box office. Forbes calculates that for every dollar Murphy was paid for his last three films, they returned an average of $2.30 at the box office.
Hollywood’s one-time go-to romcom leading lady, Heigl, fell close behind Murphy. Her films earned an average of $3.40 for every dollar she was paid. Her most recent movie, One For The Money, reeled in $37 million on an estimated $40 million budget. However, her upcoming ensemble pic The Big Wedding, starring Robert DeNiro, Susan Sarandon, and Amanda Seyfried, is sure to give her more wiggle room.
Witherspoon ranks third with an average $3.90 return for every dollar she was paid, thanks to 2010′s How Do You Know and this year’s This Means War. Bullock comes in fourth with a $5 return for every dollar she was paid. Although The Blind Side was one of 2009′s most successful films, her two other films from the last three years, All About Steve and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, suffered at the box office. Rounding out the top five, Jack Black returned $5.20 for every dollar he was paid.
GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!
Here’s the full list:
1. Eddie Murphy – Returns $2.30 for every $1 paid.
2. Katherine Heigl – Returns $3.40 for every $1 paid.
3. Reese Witherspoon – Returns $3.90 for every $1 paid.
4. Sandra Bullock – Returns $5 for every $1 paid.
5. Jack Black – Returns $5.20 for every $1 paid.
6. Nicolas Cage – Returns $6 for every $1 paid
7. Adam Sandler – Returns $6.30 for every $1 paid.
8. Denzel Washington – Returns $6.30 for every $1 paid.
9. Ben Stiller – Returns $6.50 for every $1 paid.
10. Sarah Jessica Parker – Returns $7 for every $1 paid
Well there you go. Hope this doesn’t deter you from putting your 8hours of work and getting not even a 1/4 of what these guys make 😀