Just in case you have been under a rock and haven’t seen this cover. Every year, Vanity Fair has its Hollywood issue and features Hollywood stars on its cover. In the past, they have been accused of making it mostly a “white” affair and not having enough representation by people of color. This year, it would appear they took that to heart because they have 6 people of color and also have 6 women on the cover. Stunning picture if you ask me. This was shot by famed photographer, Annie Leibovitz.
From left to right:
- Chiwetel Ejiofor – from 12 Years a Slave
- Julia Roberts – from August: Osage County looking gorgeous and creating envy in lots of women’s hearts because of who she is sitting on.
- Idris Elba – from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
- George Clooney – from Gravity and producer of August: Osage County
- Michael B Jordan – from Fruitvale Station
- Jared Leto – from Dallas Buyers Club. Giving us the ombre hair and the gorgeous eyes
- Lupita Nyong’o – from 12 Years a Slave placed rightfully in the middle and dressed like the Oscar she will most likely win
- Naomie Harris – from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. She did a fantastic job as Winnie Mandela
- Brie Larson – from the indie Short Term 12
- Chadwick Boseman – from 42
- Margot Robbie – from The Wolf of Wall Street (some of you might remember her from Pan Am)
- Lea Seydoux – from the french indie, Blue is the Warmest Color
*image from Vanity Fair