…or as I like to call it, my yearly reminder that yet again I have failed to see all the movies required to ready me for the Oscars. But it’s not my fault, some movies just look like torture and I can’t bring myself to watch them. This year’s selection especially just seemed tedious. Well without further ado, here they are:
- American Sniper – I enjoyed this
- Birdman – I still am at a loss for words to say what or how I feel about this movie. It was not as terrible as I thought it would be but I also can’t tell you what I watched. I guess it was comedic?
- Boyhood – I enjoyed it. It was typical Richard Linklater fare and just was. Some may disagree.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel – I actually liked this. Visually pleasing too.
- The Imitation Game – I was so ready to not like this and I did. In spite of Keira Knightley being in it.
- Selma – Good movie. You can read my review here.
- The Theory of Everything – A bit slow and ever so British but decent.
- Whiplash – Loved it!
- Foxcatcher – This movie was so pointless.
- Two Days, One Night – I really wanted to pull my hair watching this movie. I can appreciate Marion Cortillard’s performance but gosh it just wasn’t for me.
- Still Alice – It was good. Kristen Stewart was in it and she was good.
- Gone Girl – loved it! You can read my review here
- Wild – Boy, was this movie a dud. Boooo-ring!
- The Judge – didn’t see it.
- Big Hero 6 – I fell asleep but I hear it’s good.
- Into the Woods – didn’t see it
- Nightcrawler – So good. Jake Gyllenhaal was robbed.
- Inherent Vice – It was…yea, I didn’t like it.
- Interstellar – didn’t see it
- The Boxtrolls – didn’t see it
- Guardians of the Galaxy – I started it on the plane and fell asleep.
- Unbroken – didn’t see it
- Turner – didn’t see it
- How to train your Dragon 2 – didn’t see it
- Ida – I started it. It was in black and white. I was so bored. Couldn’t do it. Somehow, the critics think it’s the best thing ever.
Well, these are the movies? As you can see, I have seen 15 ( I counted Ida and Guardians of the Galaxy as 1/2 each). With that, it should be 15 and half. Half for Big Hero 6?
How about you? What’s your number?
What’s Streaming On Netflix
What’s Streaming On Netflix – February 2022 [with recommendations]
One month down! It’s the month of love so there is a ton of romance content including the…
What’s Streaming On Netflix – January 2022
I can’t believe we are here again and starting from January. There is a bunch of new stuff that…